Simon Young – social media consultant and cofounder of iJump
Since 2000 Simon has written and spoken extensively about new media, as well as being a heavy user of new media tools.
He’s educated New Zealand marketers about the opportunities and threats of new technologies through the pages of NZMarketing magazine, Idealog and iStart .
He’s spoken regularly at PR and communications conferences since 2004 on the topic of blogging and consumer-generated media.
Simon also founded copywriting agency SimonYoungWriters and cofounded the world’s first consumer-generated documentary about Generation C, Looksy.org .
At a glance
- Blogger since 2001. Serious blogger since 2004.
- Introduced the NZ marketing world to blogging in November 2004 with the Marketing Magazine cover story Logging into Blogging
- Regular conference speaker on social media (“Simon was my favourite speaker! Great content as well as audience participation” )
- Explorer of the future of business. Has written for visionary business magazine Idealog as well as co-producing the Generation C podcast with Jake Pearce
- Prolific writer of articles for NZMarketing magazine featuring new technology such as mobile marketing, online advertising, and breakthroughs in marketing academia
- Regular columnist for Marketing Magazine on online advertising
- Online marketing manager of three websites
Dreamer, voluntary copywriter, odd-jobs guy, full-time radio copywriter, programme producer, publications editor, freelance copywriter, freelance journalist, managing director, contract in-house PR writer, movie producer, co-conspirator, creative instigator … C atalyst.
Simon: phone 021 192 0016 Skype simonisntsoyoung
Follow Simon on Twitter or connect on Facebook
Read Simon’s magazine articles (and other bits) on his personal site .